We are actively recruiting at this time, and are only interested in hearing from well-qualified candidates. If you’d like to join our team, look over the skills and responsibilities required and send us your resume if you think you’re a good match.
Full-Time furniture finisher opportunity
- Compensation based on experience; paid hourly
- To apply: Send resume & portfolio to email@example.com .
Your resume should give a complete view of your employment history and skills, even those outside of woodworking. Please include dates where applicable.
- Please, NO phone calls regarding this position.
Passion for fine furniture making in a production shop. Take pride in finishing world-class furniture while hitting deadlines. An interest in learning about all aspects of finishing & production, and what differentiates us plus the motivation to grow. Must be able to work independently and in a team environment. Strong attention to detail is a must.
- Experience – minimum 2 years extensive experience with a variety of finishes and types of application including spray guns
- Attention to Detail – being careful about detail and thoroughness in completing all work tasks.
- Dependability – being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – being open to change and to considerable variety in the workplace and requirements.
- Cooperation – being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Stress Tolerance – openness to feedback and dealing effectively with deadlines.
- Initiative – a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Persistence – persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Achievement/Effort – establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Efficiency- learn how to most effectively apply your personal energy to keep your productivity high without undue fatigue
- Smooth, shape, and touch-up surfaces to prepare them for finishing, using scrapers, chisels, sanders, or hand sanding.
- Restore and smooth cracks or depressions, remove marks and imperfections.
- Apply all finishing products to our specifications
- Brand, date and record chairs as finished
- Support other areas in shop when needed
- Good communication skills and a cooperative style in working with other shop mates is critical.
- A good attitude: You’ll work with a variety of personalities and will need good communication skills. Written and oral, clear and concise communication is a must.
- Organization – Creating and keeping an organized workspace and shop.
- Quality Control – Conducting inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality and/or performance. Make suggestions for changes as needed.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Materials Management – Keeping track of materials used and ordering in a timely fashion.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Time Management – Managing and track your own time.